Amateur Radio is a great hobby that helps to bring people together, learn about technology, make new friends, and have fun with radio.
Essex Ham is dedicated to supporting Amateur Radio in Essex. On our website, you’ll find information on how to get started, what the hobby has to offer, news on clubs in Essex, and help with amateur radio training.
What is Essex Ham?
It’s our mission to help people in Essex (and beyond) discover what amateur radio has to offer, and to support the various local clubs and groups. We want to see amateur radio grow here in Essex, and here are our three guiding aims:
- Promote: Explaining Amateur Radio, raising awareness, and encouraging people to get involved
- Support: Offering help and advice to new radio amateurs.
- Share: Supporting the various amateur radio activities, clubs and training in Essex.
What We Do:
Spreading the word about Amateur Radio in Essex is key to what we do. Here are some of the ways that we’re helping to support and promote the hobby:
- Information on amateur radio training and Essex amateur radio events
- Our popular Essex Ham Monday Night Net – for weekly on-air chat
- The Essex Ham Forum, and the Essex Ham Podcast
- Our Essex Events Calendar and Essex Amateur Radio Events News
- Pages of help and advice on the amateur radio hobby
- Free promotion and support for amateur radio groups in Essex
- Online Amateur Radio Foundation Training Courses
- The Essex Ham Community – Become a member (free, of course)
- Information, tools, links, training material and handy guides
Feel free to browse around the site, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for – get in touch. Whether you’re in the county of Essex, or anywhere in the world, we’d like to help you get more from amateur radio if we can. We’d also encourage you to sign up as a free member, so we can stay in touch.
We hope that the site will continue to grow, and we’re always keen to add new content. If you have any questions or suggestions, would like us to help promote your event, or would like to become a contributor, please get in touch and help us to make the site as useful as possible.
- Use Twitter? Follow @EssexHam for local news and events
- Are you an Essex Amateur? Check in on our Essex Ham Forum
- Run a club or amateur radio event in Essex? Here’s how we can help
If you find the site useful, please spread the word, and help us to continue to promote amateur radio in Essex, and beyond.