Amateur Radio is a great hobby that helps to bring people together, make new friends, learn about technology and have fun with radio.
Essex Ham is dedicated to supporting Amateur Radio in Essex. On our website, you’ll find information on how to get started with amateur radio, what the hobby has to offer, and how to explore new aspects of the hobby. We also cover activities of clubs in Essex, and help with amateur radio training across the county.
What is Essex Ham?
It’s our mission to help people in Essex discover what amateur radio has to offer, and to support the various clubs and groups across the county to promote the hobby. We want to see amateur radio grow here in Essex, and here are our three aims:
- Explaining Amateur Radio and encouraging people to get involved
- To offer help and advice to new radio amateurs.
- To support the various amateur radio activities in Essex.
What We Do:
Spreading the word about Amateur Radio in Essex is key. Here are some of the services we offer:
- Information on amateur radio training and Essex amateur radio events
- Our popular Essex Ham Monday Night Net weekly on-air chat
- The Essex Ham Forum, and the Essex Ham Podcast
- Our Essex Events Calendar and Essex Amateur Radio Events News
- Pages of help and advice on the amateur radio hobby
- Free promotion and support for amateur radio groups in Essex
- Online Amateur Radio Foundation Training Courses
- The Essex Ham Community – Become a member (free, of course)
- Information, tools, links, training material and handy guides
We hope that the site will continue to grow, and we’re always keen to add new content. If you have any questions or suggestions, would like us to help promote your event, or would like to become a contributor, please get in touch and help us to make the site as useful as possible.
- Use Twitter? Follow @EssexHam for local news and events
- Are you an Essex Amateur? Check in on our Essex Ham Forum
- Run a club or amateur radio event in Essex? Here’s how we can help
If you find the site useful, please spread the word, and help us to continue to promote amateur radio in Essex.