Amateur Radio is a great hobby that helps to bring people together, make new friends, learn about technology and have fun with radio.
What is Essex Ham?
It’s our mission to help people in Essex (and beyond) discover what amateur radio has to offer, and to support the various local clubs and groups. We want to see amateur radio grow here in Essex, and here are our three guiding aims:
- Explaining Amateur Radio and encouraging people to get involved
- Offering help and advice to new radio amateurs.
- Supporting the various amateur radio activities in Essex.
What We Do:
Spreading the word about Amateur Radio in Essex is key. Here are some of the services we offer:
- Information on amateur radio training and Essex amateur radio events
- Our popular Essex Ham Monday Night Net weekly on-air chat
- The Essex Ham Forum, and the Essex Ham Podcast
- Our Essex Events Calendar and Essex Amateur Radio Events News
- Pages of help and advice on the amateur radio hobby
- Free promotion and support for amateur radio groups in Essex
- Online Amateur Radio Foundation Training Courses
- The Essex Ham Community – Become a member (free, of course)
- Information, tools, links, training material and handy guides
Feel free to browse around the site, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for – get in touch. Whether you’re in the county of Essex, or anywhere in the world, we’d like to help you get more from amateur radio if we can. We’d also encourage you to sign up as a free member, so we can stay in touch.
We hope that the site will continue to grow, and we’re always keen to add new content. If you have any questions or suggestions, would like us to help promote your event, or would like to become a contributor, please get in touch and help us to make the site as useful as possible.
- Use Twitter? Follow @EssexHam for local news and events
- Are you an Essex Amateur? Check in on our Essex Ham Forum
- Run a club or amateur radio event in Essex? Here’s how we can help
If you find the site useful, please spread the word, and help us to continue to promote amateur radio in Essex, and beyond.